Snowflake Certification Exam Guide
The Snowflake SnowPro Core Certification (COF-C02) validates an individual’s ability to implement and migrate to Snowflake using specific core expertise. A SnowPro Core Certified individual understands the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform in depth and has the knowledge required to design, develop, and manage secure, scalable Snowflake solutions to drive business objectives.
The Snowflake SnowPro Core Certification (COF-C02) is intended for people who want to demonstrate their understanding of the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform. The candidate is well-versed in the following topics:
- Snowflake Data Loading and Transformation (Complete Data Loading video & master class playlist)
- Virtual Warehouse Performance and Concurrency (Virtual Warehouse Master Class)
- DDL and DML refer complete video guide
- Queries using Semi-Structured and Unstructured Data (refer complete video guide)
- Cloning and Time Travel (cloding master class)
- Data Sharing (refer complete data sharing video guide)
- Snowflake Account Structure and Management (refer complete video guide and part-2)
- Exam Version: COF-C02
- Total Number of Questions: 100
- Question Types: Multiple Select, Multiple Choice
- Time Limit: 115 minutes
- Languages: English
- Registration Fee: $175 USD (Local taxes applicable for Non-US countries or credit cards)
- Passing Score: 750 (75%)
COF-C02 Exam Domain Breakdown
This exam guide contains information about test domains, weightings, and objectives. It is not an exhaustive list of everything that will be covered on this exam. The main content domains and their weighting ranges are listed in the table below.
|#||Domain||Estimated Percentage Range||Study Material||Mock Test Papers|
|1||Snowflake Cloud Data Platform Features and Architecture||20-25%||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
|2||Account Access & Security||20-25%||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
|3||Performance Concept||10-15%||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
|4||Data Loading And Unloading||5-10%||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
|5||Data Transformation||20-25%||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
|6||Data Protection & Data Sharing||5-10%||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
COF-C02 SnowPro Certification Syllabus
Snowflake SnowPro Core Certification Syllabus contains 6 different domain as per the new COF-C02 version which is applicable from Oct-2022. Each domain is further devided into sub-domain and sub-topics. Here is the list of all domain, sub-domain and sub-topics.
Domain 1.0: Snowflake Cloud Data Platform Features and Architecture
1.1 Outline key features of the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform.
- Elastic Storage
- Elastic Compute
- Snowflake’s three distinct layers
- Data Cloud/ Data Exchange/ Partner Network
- Cloud partner categories
1.2 Outline key Snowflake tools and user interfaces.
- Snowflake User Interfaces (UI)
- Snowflake connectors
- Snowflake drivers
- SQL scripting
1.3 Outline Snowflake’s catalog and objects.
- Tables Types
- View Types
- Data types
- User-Defined Functions (UDFs) and User Defined Table Functions (UDTFs)
- Stored Procedures
1.4 Outline Snowflake storage concepts.
- Micro partitions
- Types of column metadata clustering
- Data Storage Monitoring
- Search Optimization Service
Domain 2.0: Account Access and Security
2.1 Outline compute principles.
- Network security and policies
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Federated authentication
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
2.2 Define the entities and roles that are used in Snowflake.
- Outline how privileges can be granted and revoked
- Explain role hierarchy and privilege inheritance
2.3 Outline data governance capabilities in Snowflake.
- Secure views
- Information schemas
- Access history and read support
Domain 3.0: Performance Concepts
3.1 Explain the use of the Query Profile.
- Explain plans
- Data spilling
- Use of the data cache
- Micro-partition pruning
- Query history
3.2. Explain virtual warehouse configurations.
- Warehouse sizing
- Warehouse settings and access
3.3 Outline virtual warehouse performance tools.
- Monitoring warehouse loads
- Query performance
- Scaling up compared to scaling out
- Resource monitors
3.4 Optimize query performance.
- Describe the use of materialized views
- Use of specific SELECT commands
Domain 4.0: Data Loading and Unloading
4.1 Define concepts and best practices that should be considered when loading data.
- Stages and stage types
- File size
- File formats
- Folder structures
- Adhoc/bulk loading using the Snowflake UI
4.2 Outline different commands used to load data and when they should be used.
- CREATE PIPE
- COPY INTO
- INSERT/INSERT OVERWRITE
4.3 Define concepts and best practices that should be considered when unloading data.
- File formats
- Empty strings and NULL values
- Unloading to a single file
- Unloading relational tables
4.4 Outline the different commands used to unload data and when they should be used.
- COPY INTO
- CREATE FILE FORMAT
- CREATE FILE FORMAT … CLONE
- ALTER FILE FORMAT
- DROP FILE FORMAT
- DESCRIBE FILE FORMAT
- SHOW FILE FORMAT
Domain 5.0: Data Transformation
5.1 Explain how to work with standard data.
- Estimating functions
- Supported function types
- User-Defined Functions (UDFs) and stored procedures
5.2 Explain how to work with semi-structured data.
- Supported file formats, data types, and sizes
- VARIANT column
- Flattening the nested structure
5.3 Explain how to work with unstructured data.
- Define and use directory tables
- SQL file functions
- Outline the purpose of User-Defined Functions (UDFs) for data analysis
Domain 6.0: Data Protection and Data Sharing
6.1 Outline Continuous Data Protection with Snowflake.
- Time Travel
- Data Encryption
6.2 Outline Snowflake data sharing capabilities.
- Account types
- Data Marketplace and Data Exchange
- Private data exchange
- Access control options