Oracle Java Certification is one of the most regarded certification for java developers. It is important to understand the Oracle Java Certification Path before you make a plan for the exam. Certifications are regarded as proof of knowledge and keep you ahead of game while seeking a job in software industry. There are companies and clients who only hire certified java developers. The reason are as follows
- There are developers who just know the java syntax without having any conceptual knowledge of programming, so companies apply this certification filter to pick knowledgeable resources.
- Oracle Java certification places you ahead of other job seekers.
- The oracle java certification exam contains many tricky & conceptual questions. Therefore, in job interviews, you would be more prepared to answer tricky and hard questions than other candidates.
- Last but not least, the skills gained while preparing for a certification would help you create more quality and robust software.
Oracle Java Certification Path
Before Oracle acquired Sun Microsystsems, they used to have 2 exams, The SCJP (Sun Certified Java Programmer) was meant for programmers and the SCJA (Sun Certified Associate) was meant for those who wanted broader knowledge. These names were changed by Oracle to OCJA and OCJP. With Java version 7, Oracle decided to shut down the OCJA and split the OCJP in two certification levels. The first level is called OCA (Oracle Certified Associate), or also 1Z0-808 , and the professional level is called OCP (Oracle Certified Professional), or also 1Z1-809. See the highlighted section for Oracle Java Certification Path for java developers.
Oracle Java Certification Exams Important Resources & Links
- Oracle Java SE Certification Home Page – link
- Java Foundation Certification Junior Associate – link
- Oracle Certified Associate – Java Se 7 Programmer (1Z0-803 & IZ0-804)- link
- Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 8 Programmer (1Z0-808 & IZ-809) – link
- Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 5/SE 6 (IZ0-850) – link