What is DP 900 Exam
What is DP 900 Exam?
Many of us are not aware of Microsoft’s certification path for data profession and they start asking question what is DP 900 or what is DP 900 exam. If you are a data professional (or data engineer) and wants to build you future around Azure cloud and data technology, then DP 900 Azure Data Fundamental certification is the right certification choice. It is fundamental level certification exam conducted by Microsoft and much easier to pass compare to other Microsoft data certification exams. We will talk everything about DP 900 in this blog and provide you answer for following question. Each of this topic is also covered in detail in separate blog, click the link next to it and you would comprehensive guide about it.
- Is DP-900 certification worth it?
- How can I get DP-900 certification free voucher?
- What is covered (syllabus) in DP 900 certification exam?
- Is DP-900 proctored exam?
- How can I register, schedule & reschedule this exam?
- How much time should I give for preparation?
- Which topics and domains to focus more on during certification preparation?
- Where can I find sample questions and practice tests for the DP-900 exam?
- Difference between DP-900 & AZ-900? (link)
- Do I need to have an Azure portal account and practice during preparation?
- What are the total exam duration and question pattern (MCQ, Fill in the blank ,etc)?
- During the online exam, what are the system requirement and verification processes?
Is DP-900 Certification Worth It?
If you are data professional and wants to have a broader knowledge about data space, this certification is worth.
Most of the large enterprises having Microsoft stack and they are using Azure cloud in some form or other. Azure is also growing very fast and you have to eventually learn Azure or one of the cloud technology. It is really worth learning Azure cloud, especially data certification in today’s age where data is becoming a core part of every business.
DP 900 preparation will give you a lot of knowledge about how Azure data stack looks like and when to use and when not to use different services.
How can I get DP-900 certification free voucher?
Microsoft provides free voucher time to time via its Microsoft Event website.
Visit the website https://mvtd.events.microsoft.com/ and follow the instruction to become eligible to attempt the exam free of cost.
What is covered (syllabus) in DP 900 certification exam?
- Describe core data concepts (15-20%)
- Describe types of core data workloads
- Describe data analytics core concepts
- Describe how to work with relational data on Azure (25-30%)
- Describe relational data workloads
- Describe relational Azure data services
- Identify basic management tasks for relational data
- Describe query techniques for data using SQL language
- Describe how to work with non-relational data on Azure (25-30%)
- Describe non-relational data workloads
- Describe non-relational data offerings on Azure
- Identify basic management tasks for non-relational data
- Describe an analytics workload on Azure (25-30%)
- Describe analytics workloads
- Describe the components of a modern data warehouse
- Describe data ingestion and processing on Azure
- Describe data visualization in Microsoft Power BI
DP 900 exam syllabus is divided into 4 focus areas (domain & sub-domain). You would get questions from each of the section (at least one per domain and per sub-domain), so make sure you read all the reference material at least once. The exam emphasis more on Microsoft based tools like SQL Server and Cosmos DB rather MariaDB or PostgreSQL.
Is DP-900 proctored exam?
Yes, DP 900 certification exam is proctored exam and it happens via Pearson OnVUE desktop platform. Watch the video and it is covered in detail